Some tips that may help
If you're leaving Argentina for some other country
If you're leaving Argentina to study, work or reside abroad, here you will find some info and links that might come useful:
- DNM - Dirección Nacional de Migraciones (Argentine Immigration Directorate).
- Legalisations you must have before having your documents translated
- Legalisations you may have to get once your documents have been translated
- Countries which have signed "Working Holiday" or "Work and Travel" agreements with Argentina.
- Foreign embassies in Argentina
- Argentine Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Worship, Legalisations Department [Ministerio de Relaciones Exteriores y Culto de la Rca. Argentina (Cancillería), Departamento de Legalizaciones]
- Requirements to travel with pets from and to Argentina
- AFIP (Argentine Inland Revenue) regulations for travellers: Luggage regime, currency that may be entered into or taken out of the country, etc.
- Diplomatic franchises (AFIP website)
- VAT reinbursement for foreign tourists that visit Argentina.
- Assistance with tickets granted by the IOM to persons who wish to study, work or reside abroad.
- Excellent online currency converter with a practical Pocket Guide that you can download and take with you in your wallet when you travel.
- Where to get THE BEST TRANSLATIONS FOR YOUR DOCUMENTS!.
If you're a returning Argentine, or if you're a foreigner who wishes to study, work or reside in Argentine, you might find the following links very handy:
- How to get certificates (birth, marriage, etc.) issued in Argentina if you are abroad
- RADEX (Módulo de Radicación a Distancia para Extranjeros) - DNM online application for residence in Argentina.
- Recognition of educational qualifications obtained abroad
- Visas for foreigners who wish to visit Argentina as tourists.